I really like reading blogs. They're fun, and a pleasant change from spending your time online stalking people on facebook. Don't try to pretend you don't - repeat after me: "I must not tell lies" (J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - there, I managed to slip a quote in). So I thought I'd share a short list of blogs that I enjoy reading.
1. Schizopanda is actually my little sister's blog. She's a pretty funny blogger, though I admit that I'm a bit biased.
2. Inspirationed is a friend of mine's blog. Besides life experiences and thoughts, he'll also post poems on occasion. I enjoy his work so perhaps you will as well.
3. Post-It Poets is a blog that sprung from my Writing Poetry class. The professor split the class into three groups and each group was supposed to have its own little poetry project. It could be doing collaborative poetry or just workshopping, whatever the group wanted to do - we were pretty much left to our own devices. My poetry group decided to do some post-it poetry (visit the blog to figure out what that means exactly), and the blog became a way of documenting that poetry as well as helping us reach out to a larger poetry community.
4. Damian Rogers is the blog of a published poet from Detroit - currently living in Toronto - who graduated from the University of Michigan.
5. Dorothea Lasky is the official blog of poet Dorothea Lasky - as you probably already figured out.
I wish the list was longer but not too many people I know blog regularly - or even semi-regularly. If anyone has a suggestion for a blog (or blogs) to check out, let me know.
- Follow Me »