One Can Dream...

Quotation
"'Dear old world,' she murmured, 'you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you.'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Random Musing
I hope to soon be able to actually relate to the above quote. Right now, it is impossible. I'm semi-sick - annoying cough and general fatigue from sorta having a cold - and I have way too much work to do.

Here's what I have to do just off the top of my head:
1. Rewrite three essays so I can maybe get As in some of my classes.
I seem to be in a permanent writing slump though. I'm firmly planted in the B grade region of papers right now because I apparently cannot come up with actual arguments. I can compose my thoughts well enough, those thoughts just aren't particularly stimulating is the condensed explanation of it all. Considering that I once had some confidence in my academic writing ability, having almost every single one of your professors tell you this is a bit disheartening - not to mention annoying. Sigh. Rewrites are not going to go well.

2. Write another three new essays.
That number would be four except I just polished off one for my American Cultures class. Oddly enough, it was on Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye even though it was not for an English class. Maybe that's not so odd actually since the class is on racism. Anyways, I have three more essays to get through. One for each of my English classes. I already know for a fact that I'm going to get a B on one of them because hardly anyone can really make Peter Bauland happy. I fear Bs on the other papers as well given my past track record in these classes though. I suppose we'll just have to see what happens. I do not remain optimistic though.

3. Deal with my hundreds of pages of reading per week
I love reading, but sometimes having hundreds of pages to read every week can be a bit too much. Especially when you have papers due every week as well. I should probably just be glad that I generally am interested in what I'm reading, but I'm in (as usual) a pessimistic mood and I'm refusing to see that small bright side.

4. Finals
I don't think this requires much explanation.

5. BSA Onushthan
I don't like formal events. I hate getting dressed up and mingling with large numbers of people. So helping pull off an elaborate fancy event including catered dinner and entertainment and a speech by a learned academic is not exactly my cup of tea. I'm on the BSA board though so I do have to pull my weight and support the club event. I just wish that the club event was more up my alley. I'm not in charge of it or anything, so I can't complain too much, but I still do have to attend. And I really do hate getting dressed up. Like, really, really, really, really, etc hate getting dressed up. I think this calls for another sigh: Sigh.

In case any of you reading out there don't hate formal events though and actually enjoy them, here's where you can find a link to RSVP to the Onushthan and pay for your tickets. I already sorta gave you a brief description of what the evening'll be like, but let me know if you want more details. And in case I need to further sell you, all proceeds from the event go to charity. CHARITY. How do you say no to charity? Especially if you don't hate formal events.

*

So yeah, life is difficult. Anne is as usual optimistic - she's the one spewing all that stuff about the lovely world and so on earlier in this post - and I am, as usual, not. It is nice that some things stay constant in the ever-changing world.

One Comment

  1. you make that BSA event sound oh-so good peejy :P

    i'm sorry you feel down =[ i hope you have a happy day..TODAY

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top