Davy Keith

Quotations
"'Maybe I got out of the wrong side of the bed,' suggested Davy. 'Milty Boulter says if you do that things are bound to go wrong with you all day. His grandmother told him. But which is the right side? And what are you to do when your bed's against the wall? I want to know.'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

"'Thanksgiving was last week. There was no school and we had a great dinner. I et mince pie and rost turkey and frut cake and donuts and cheese and jam and choklut cake. Marilla said I'd die but I dident. Dora had earake after it, only it wasent in her ears it was in her stummick. I dident have earake anywhere.'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

"'"The kind of a wife I'd like to Have.
She must have good manners and get my meals on time and do what I tell her and always be very polite to me. She must be fifteen yers old. She must be good to the poor and keep her house tidy and be good tempered and go to church regularly. She must be very handsome and have curly hair. If I get a wife that is just what I like Ill be an awful good husband to her. I think a woman ought to be awful good to her husband. Some poor women havent any husbands.
THE END."'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

"'Mrs. Lynde says Mrs. Wrights grandfather stole a sheep but Marilla says we mustent speak ill of the dead. Why mustent we, Anne? I want to know. It's pretty safe ain't it?'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

"'Mrs. Lynde was awful mad the other day because I asked her if she was alive in Noah's time. I dident mean to hurt her feelings. I just wanted to know. Was she, Anne?'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

*Just in case you're new to the Anne books, Davy is a male character (he's 8-10 years old in the above quotes) in the novels

2 Comments

  1. How many days til Peej's birthday? I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez.

    But in all seriousness, it's only a week away now. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top