Splashes of Yellow

Quotations
"'And yellow silk. It makes one think of a dress of sunshine. I always wanted a yellow silk dress, but first my mother and then my husband wouldn't hear of it. The very first thing I'm going to do when I get to heaven is to get a yellow silk dress.'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

"…and all her hair
     In one long yellow string I wound
     Three times her little throat around
And strangled her. No pain felt she;
     I am quite sure she felt no pain...." -Robert Browning, "Porphyria's Lover"

Painting
Untitled


*I am the first to admit this painting is kind of a cheat in terms of being yellow. It's the closest I could find, plus I know - even if no one else does (well, before I wrote this and put it on the internet) - that it started off very yellow even if it ended up a bit green.

Leave reply

Back to Top