Twenty Years Old

Quotations
"'…I'm sorry, and a little dissatisfied as well. Miss Stacy told me long ago that by the time I was twenty my character would be formed, for good or evil. I don't feel that it's what it should be. It's full of flaws.'
'So's everybody's,' said Aunt Jamesina cheerfully. 'Mine's cracked in a hundred places. Your Miss Stacy likely meant that when you are twenty your character would have got its permanent bent in one direction or 'tother, and would go on developing in that line.'" -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

Random Musing
I turned twenty today. Weird. A whole new decade of existence. Very very weird.

And I do, in case you were curious, feel that my character is very much full of flaws - which is not exactly a satisfying feeling. But, alas, what can one do about it? It is to be expected really, as the above quote explains.

Hmm, once again L.M. Montgomery manages to define aspects of my life.

But yeah, it's a birthday. Hopefully it'll be a good day. So far it has been pretty great. I am for once looking forward to the day. I'm being optimistic. This "phase" won't stick around beyond the next twelve or so hours, but it's probably a healthy change from all the pessimism. It is a bit more pleasant. Even I am willing to admit that.

One Comment

Back to Top